Friday, June 13, 2008

Top Ten Things I Learned at the US Open

Last night at dinner, Tony's mom Pia, asked me "what was your favorite moment?" And I couldn't pick just one, the week is still too fresh in my mind (sad to think that it may not always be), the entire experience is lumped into one favorite moment.

My Top Ten list (In no particular order (except 1 & 2))

10- I am not Mike Weir (I think I'm beating a dead horse with this one)
9 - A Lexus LS 460, would be nice to drive all the time (future sponsorship, hmmm)
8 - Spectators at the Open never stand still. (You had to be there)
7 - Signing autographs is pretty fun, (but signing balls and hats are a pain)
6 - Even walking through the rough at the US Open is tough (its like walking through sand)
5 - Sometimes bigger misses are better. (especially, when there are people to stop the ball from moving farther off line)
4 - When Tony says, "I love that play," reconsider (see #13 round 1, & #14 round 2)
3 - After a week in the Player Hospitality tent, Diana is contemplating a change in hair color (I'm not going any farther on this subject)
2 - Golf is not as important as life (perspective, always a good thing)
1 - I've got a ton of great people supporting me, I cannot thank you all enough

This has been an incredible experience, thank you all for reading, its been fun, and maybe I'll continue with tidbits about golf in the future, input welcome. Goodbye for now...

5 comments:

little italia said...

hey there, It no goodbye there is always tommorrow. You'll be back in another torny and we'll all be pulling for you evem id you don't like waffle's

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Dave and I would like to thank you
for one of the most memorable US OPENS ever. Thank you for allowing
us to be a part of the moment and
the history of the 2008 world's
greatest golfers. There are no words
to express our deepest appreciation
for selecting TONY to caddy for
you at this event. We were so proud
of both of you. Congratulation to
you on being one of those 154 best
golfers in the world. We love you!
Pia and Dave

Unknown said...

Garrett,

I just wanted to you know that I'm proud of you, and I wish you the best of luck with your career.

-Gene

kcsnell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kcsnell said...

Garrett, LOVE the top 10 list. It really captures the experience. I can't imagine what color Diana is thinking about changing her hair to. :)